Meet Our Team
William L. Petros
Founder and Managing Partner
William Petros has over 30 years of experience in the practice of civil litigation that includes extensive trial appearances and appellate work. His high quality practice has received praise and accolades throughout his career as a top tier litigation specialist with expertise in a wide variety of fields.
- Selected as a Thomson Reuter Super Lawyer in Business Litigation from 2011-2020
- Selected as one of Florida’s Legal Elite by Florida Trend Magazine in 2004
- AV pre-eminent rating in the Martindale Hubbell peer review directory
- Accepted invite to join Miami Chapter of the American Board of Trial Advocates in 2018
In addition to his professional endeavors, Mr. Petros is a founding member of the Dade County Hellenic Bar Association and a parish council member of St. Sophia Greek Orthodox Cathedral.
Brett Novick has five years of experience in the practice of civil litigation with a focus on business and commercial work. Prior to that he served as a law clerk for the Honorable Milton Hirsch for two years in the Circuit Court for the Eleventh Judicial Circuit of Florida.
- Articles and Comments Editor on the Executive Board of the University of Miami Law Review
- Law school Dean’s List and recipient of the book award in Elements of Law
Before joining William Petros Law, Mr. Novick practiced commercial litigation, real estate litigation, and business litigation at a boutique firm in downtown Miami, Florida. He has since expanded his practice areas to include multidistrict and personal injury litigation.
Paula Montalvo is a native Miamian who joined our firm as a paralegal in 2014. In addition to diligently serving the varied needs of our clients, she provides support and research necessary to efficiently and effectively move cases through all stages of litigation. This includes but is not limited to planning, scheduling, research, and persistent follow up. At the conclusion of any case, she works tirelessly to resolve any outstanding issues.
Mrs. Montalvo graduated from Southwest Miami Senior High and Florida International University where she received a Bachelor of Science Degree in Criminal Justice in 2011. She obtained her Paralegal Certificate in 2014. She is fluent in English and Spanish.